Friday, March 5, 2010

Bahamas: Rose Island

We were able to take a little trip to an "out island", as they call it in the Bahamas, to Rose Island. An out island is one of the smaller, undeveloped islands. There are hundreds of them in the Bahamas. It was a short boat ride from Paradise Island. Our boat captain, Duran, gave us a fast and fun ride to the island:




We arrived at a small wooden dock that lead to some stone stairs. The stairs led us up and over the island to the beautiful beach on the other side:






It was so pretty and peaceful. No resorts, no people except our small group. Rob and I brought our snorkeling gear. The water was a tad chilly, but not bad for February. We saw some awesome fish and coral. The water was pretty shallow- maybe 12ft deep- and it remained shallow for quite a distance from the beach. You can see another small island in the distance:



After snorkeling we had some lunch. The crew brought coolers full of snacks and drinks and we ate on benches underneath this "patio".


I guess its a work in progress. We headed back to Atlantis shortly after lunch. On our way out I noticed this little house on the island. I asked Duran if anyone lived there and he said that the owner comes every weekend. What a life. You can't see it, but there's a satellite dish on the side of the house.



The ride back was fun! Duran really likes to go fast! We passed this cute colorful lighthouse. I don't know if you can see it in this picture- but its accent colors are pink, yellow and blue:

We made it back to the island and then....... Rob had to leave. That's right. He had to fly to Atlanta for some important business. (sniffle) I was a very sad. We were having such a great time! But this trip was technically work for him, so if he was needed elsewhere, he had to go. Did I go with him? Heck no! I chose 2 more nights in paradise! It was lonely without him, but I managed. :) Atlantis has a spa, shopping, and a beach. What more did I need?


1 comment:

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

Charlotte - I haven't been to your blog in a long time! Your house looks AWESOME! I'm sure you are glad to be in it. And what the heck? A Bahamas trip...I'm so jealous! Looks like you had fun!