Tuesday, July 28, 2009

50 years



This past weekend the whole family gathered in northern Illinois for a celebration of my parents 50th wedding anniversary. Yep, 50. Here is Mom and Dad on their big day:
And 50 years later with all their grand kids:

Fifty years of marriage is definitely something to be celebrated! I really enjoyed seeing the whole family together, watching the cousins play, and catching up with all my brothers. Mom and Dad raised some great kids (if i do say so myself) and they taught us a lot about the value of family. Kudos Mom and Dad! :) In honor of the event I am posting my own Top Ten list of "quotes from our family":


10. Go to your room and wait till your father gets home! (doesn't every family have this one?)


9. Burn, Burn, Crispy Bacon! (courtesy of brother Dennis)


8. Dad: "What have you boys been doin?"
Andy: "Nothin"

Tom: "Nothin"

Dennis: "Nothin"

Dan: "Eatin' Melon!"


7. Use credit cards for convenience, not for credit.


6. Different Strokes for different folks!


5. Kid: "Dad can I have a ____________?"
Mom/Dad: "Save your allowance!"


4. I hate this family! (step, step, step, SLAM!) (this was me in my tormented adolescent days!)


3. I may not always be right, but I am never wrong!


2. An apple pie without the cheese, is like a kiss without the squeeze!


And number one.......
(drum roll please)

1. Don't like it? Can't eat it? Eat it anyway!
Congratulations Mom and Dad!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations to your parents! That's amazing.

Crewbie said...

Thanks Gigi!