Friday, July 17, 2009

"Who takes care of your Pool?"

ME! I'm the "pool guy".
Our new house has a pool! I look forward to using it when we finally move in, (which may not be until I'm 87 at the rate were going!) We've never had a pool before, so there's been a bit of a learning curve on how to care for it. Rob and I went to 'Pool School'- a free class at the local pool store. That gave us some basic knowledge, but we're still learning. I've been put in charge of pool maintenance for the duration of the remodel. Our sand filter:



Yesterday I back washed my filter for the first time! All by myself! Ok- I had a little coaching from our friend Mark. But I cleaned it successfully and my filter is happy. Little did I know you need to back flush once a week in the summer. Here's our pretty pool: (The kid fence is removable, but it will stay up for the duration of the remodeling just in case!)

Hope you are all staying cool and enjoying the summer! Pool Party at my house next summer!! :)

No comments: