Sunday, April 11, 2010

I need to add an addendum to my Easter post. On Easter Sunday, after I had done my first post, we headed out to see my parents. My brother was visiting with my niece and nephew. They had lots of fun in my parent's pool:
Aren't they cute?
My Mom made a lovely feast and I took care of dessert. I made these awesome cupcakes which turned out a little larger then I had planned:
That's right- Peeps on flower shaped cupcakes! Nothin says Easter like Peeps!
Yum! It was a great Easter Sunday. Anyway- We had beautiful weather again for this weekend. On Saturday we did one of those things we'd been meaning to do for a long time: We had a Yard Sale! Cousin P was nice enough to host it at her place, which is a great location for a yard sale! Check it:
We sold a bunch of stuff and had lots of fun hanging out with cousin P and Aunt Mary Lou. It was a lot of work, but overall a very good sale! I'm good for another ten years in the yard sale department.
This week my husband surprised me with a present. Its sort of an early anniversary present. He got me this awesome road bike!
Isn't she purty? Today I went on my very first road ride with Rob and our friends Sara and Eric. What was supposed to be an "easy first ride" (I'm quoting my husband), turned into a 3 hour ride! It was a great ride, but a bit much for me. We rode 35miles. THIRTY FIVE MILES!! Whew! I am beat. But I did enjoy the company and it was another great Spring day! I've decided I need to get a bell and a more comfortable seat for the new bike. My toosh hurts!


No comments: