Tuesday, October 12, 2010

San Antonio

So sorry about the absence, but I've been traveling! First up is San Antonio for the Emergency Nurses Association Conference. I had never been to San Antonio before and I had never attended an ENA conference. The best part about new places is experiencing them with some good friends. I was fortunate enough to be with some great girls!

Our first night in town we had dinner on the Riverwalk. A Mariachi Trio joined us for a song! :)


That's Kelly and her new friends!


AND - we got "Fortune Tacos" for dessert. It seems pretty cheesy now, but I had consumed 2 margaritas at that point and I thought it was cute. Here's Julie nibbling her cookie!




The next day was the conference kick off. We spent the next few days listening to ER nurses from all over the country. It was great. Janet and Rhonda show off their conference badges:



This was one of the slides from an educational session: Yes- We managed to learn something!! :)


The exhibit hall was awesome. We got all sorts of free stuff and saw lots of new products. There were some fun booths too- with jewelry, food and other girlie things. I caught Janet at the scarf booth!!
I think she bought like 10 scarves!!

We also managed a visit to The Alamo. Its a really cool place, but much smaller than I had imagined.


Our last night we had a great dinner and then we rode the river. Our boat captain was kind of sarcastic and his mike didn't work, but we had a good time anyway!



Next year the conference is in Tampa, FL. I haven't decided if I'm going or not. Any thoughts??

No comments: