Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I'm Strippin'!

So I decided to strip the fireplace. I'm still going to paint it, but I think it will be easier to strip it than to try and cover the brown and black. (for my previous post on this mantle, scroll down.)What have I gotten myself into? Its going to be a big, but worthwhile, venture. I started today. Here's my progress:
The first coat of stripper came off really easy. There's ceramic tile under there!!!:
I got so excited, I started on the hearth. See the concrete under there?
We are looking better already! More strippin tomorrow!

It looks like there are 3 coats of paint on the mantle. One dark brown, one mustardy brownish yellow, and one white. The paint actually comes off pretty easy, but I don't think its going to come out of the grout so easy. Stay tuned!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm adding a comment so those of you who've asked can see what it looks like. Just use anonymous so you don't have to create an account.