Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Movies

On occasion I am able to drag my husband to the movie theater. He is not a big fan of the theater and sees no big difference in watching a movie at home vs. watching a movie at the theater. I like the "theater experience" and the popcorn. Yesterday, we decided to grab some lunch and then go to a matinee. For lunch we went to this great burger place called Delux burgers. Delish! I highly recommend a visit, but beware, the burgers are BIG and we both brought 1/2 of ours home.

So onto the movies. I managed to convince my husband to go see.... wait for it.... a foreign film with subtitles!! AND He actually liked it! The film is called The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.


I read the book of the same name and it was very good. I also read the sequel- The Girl who Played with Fire- and I can't wait to read the third book- The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. The author is Swedish and is unfortunately deceased, so there will be no more books with this story line. I highly recommend the books. The movie was good, too. But I will say that is definitely for adults only. The sex and violence in this one is not for the timid. But I thought the movie was pretty true to the book's story line. And the subtitles weren't even distracting. It's only playing at one theater in town, so hurry up and see it!!

No comments: